New Chicken Milanese Over Spring Salad
- Lemon Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 6 cups mesclun salad greens - (loosely packed) (or spring salad mix)
- 2 ounces Ricotta salata
Combine 1 tablespoon of the Lemon Vinaigrette with the lemon juice, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl or plate. Add chicken and toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes. Pat chicken dry.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the cutlets; cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to plate and cover with foil; repeat with remaining cutlets.
When ready to serve, toss greens with remaining dressing. Arrange cutlets on plates, and top with greens. With a vegetable peeler, shave shards of cheese over each salad.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 5.5 grams
Net Carbs: 4 grams
Fiber: 1.5 grams
Protein: 37.5 grams
Fat: 27.5 grams