Quick Boozy Raspberry Sauce and Cream Puffs
Quick and easy cream puffs are filled with a creamy filling, and then drizzled with a 2-ingredient run raspberry sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon rum
Heat oven to 400ºF.
In 2 1/2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to rolling boil. Stir in flour; reduce heat to low. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Beat in eggs, all at once; continue beating until smooth.
2. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by tablespoon fulls at least 2 inches apart. Bake 18-22 minutes or until puffed and golden. Remove and let cool completely. Then use a knife to slice each puff horizontally.
3. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar together on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Use a piping bag or a spoon to place a dollop of the whipped cream on the bottom half of each puff.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together the jam and rum in a small saucepan over medium heat until the jam has thinned out to your desired consistency. (The cooler the mixture, the thicker. The warmer, the thinner.)
5. Spoon a teaspoon or so of the raspberry sauce on top of the whipped cream on the puffs. Then top with the remaining puff top. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 2 hours.