Roasted-Fruit Salad with Lemon Verbena
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup torn fresh lemon verbena, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 Pluots, halved and pitted
- 3 plums, halved and pitted
- 3 apricots, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat sugar, lemon verbena, and corn syrup in large straight-sided ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until sugar melts, about 3 minutes. Place Pluots, plums, and apricots, cut sides down, on top of sugar mixture, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar mixture is liquid and bubbling.
Transfer skillet to oven, and roast until fruits are soft but not mushy, 4 to 4 1/2 minutes. Remove from oven, and swirl in butter and cream. Drizzle fruit with sauce, and garnish with lemon verbena sprigs.