Chocolate Banana CRUMB CAKE
- FOR STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1 STICK UNSALTED BUTTER-ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 3/4 SUGAR
- 1 EGG-ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA
- 1-1/2 CUPS MASHED BANANAS 4-5 BANANAS
- 1/4 CUP SOUR CREAM
- 1-1/2 CUPS FLOUR
- 1 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- 3/4 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
- 1/2 TEASPOON KOSHER SALT
- 3/4 CUP LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 1/2 CUP FLOUR
- 1-1/2 TEASPOONS CINNAMON
- 1/4 KOSHER SALT
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter,at room temperature
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate,chopped
- 3 tablespoons slice blanched almonds
preheat oven 350
grease and flour 8x8x2 square pan
in bowl with electric mixer,cream butter and the sugar together on high speed for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. With mixer on low, beat in the egg,vanilla,banana and sour cream and mix until combined. Don't worry it may look curdled.
In another bowl,sift together the flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low,slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ones. Scrape into prepared pan and smooth the top.
For the streusel,combine the brown sugar,flour,cinnamon,salt and butter in medium bowl and pinch the ingredients together with fingers until the mixture makes crumbles.
Add the chocolate and combine. Distribute the streusel evenly over the batter,sprinkle with almonds on top.
bake for 40 to 45 minutes,until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. cool in pan.
You'll also love
- Broiled Scallops with a Parmesan... 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Green Beans with Almonds and Garlic 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Super Lemon Bundt Cake 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Banana Split Brownie Pizza 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Double Layer Crumb Cake 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Apple Raisin Crumb Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)