Open-Face Vietnamese Chicken Sandwiches
Try this Open-Face Vietnamese Chicken Sandwiches recipe, perfect for lunch. No accompaniments needed, this baby can stand on it's own!
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 crusty hoagie-style rolls
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, from about 4 limes
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornichons or gherkins, chopped, plus 1 tablespoon brine from the jar
- Kosher salt
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, from 1 small chicken, shredded
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus cilantro leaves for topping
- 1 tablespoon Asian chile sauce, such as Sriracha
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Soak the red onion, carrots and radishes in ice water for 5 minutes, then drain. Split each roll in half lengthwise to make 4 pieces. Transfer to the oven to toast.
Whisk 1/4 cup mayonnaise, the lime juice, honey, cornichons and brine, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the chicken, onion, carrots, radishes and chopped cilantro and toss. Mix the chile sauce and the remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise in a small bowl.
Spread each piece of bread with some chile mayonnaise, then top with the chicken salad and cilantro leaves.
You'll also love
- Mac 'n' Cheese Bites 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- White Bean Salad 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ham &... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Seasoned Beer Can Chicken 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Salad Club Sandwich 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Fried Rice in an Instant Pot 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Sandwich 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Roast Beef Summer Rolls 4.5/5 (11 Votes)