Eggnog Bread with Eggnog Glaze
This eggnog bread recipe makes one 9 x 5 inch loaf or 3 small mini loaves. The minis make great holiday gifts and the bread is perfect for Christmas brunch!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, 1 stick
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 teaspoons rum flavored extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used unbleached flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons eggnog
Preparation time 16mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour one 9 x 5 inch loaf pan or three 3 x 5 inch mini loaf pans.
In large bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar together. Add in eggs, mixing well, and then the eggnog, rum extract, and vanilla extract; blend well.
In medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Add to eggnog mixture in the large bowl and stir just enough to moisten; pour into prepared loaf pan (or mini loaf pans).
Bake bread in 9 x 5″ loaf pan for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; or bake 3 x 5″ loaves for 35-40 minutes. Cool loaf or loaves for 10 minutes and remove from pan.
Cool completely and then top with the glaze (if you don’t want to use a glaze, you can sprinkle the loaf or loaves with powdered sugar).
While loaf is cooling, make your glaze…
In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and eggnog until well-blended.
When loaf (or loaves) are cooled, spoon glaze over top and let drizzle down the sides; let glaze set and then serve.
You'll also love
- Cheddar, Bacon, & Ranch Pulls 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Leftover Turkey Spring Rolls 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Best Homemade Hot Dog Buns-- In An... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Peach Cobbler 3.9/5 (79 Votes)
- Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Muffins 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Warm Bacon Cheese Spread 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Fluff Cake 4.4/5 (19 Votes)