Garlic Naan Bread
- 1 3/4 cup all Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 cup warm Skim Milk
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder or 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
*Dissolve sugar in milk and add yeast. Stir to combine and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
*In a large bowl, blend flour, salt, and seasonings.
*Pour in the milk and yogurt and stir with a spoon until you are unable to do so. Continue by kneading until all flour is incorporated and dough is soft and elastic.
*Form into a ball, return to bowl and cover with a damp towel for 2-3 hours (or until doubled).
*When ready, pull dough into 5-10 pieces (depending on if you doubled the recipe).
*Roll out to 1/8″ thickness.
*In hot skillet, melt butter or ghee.
*Brush naan with water and place in pan. When large bubbles begin to form, brush with water and flip over.
*You can also bake your naan: Turn oven to 400°F, line a baking tray in aluminum foil, brush dough with butter, ghee or olive oil, bake until dough begins to bubble and brown. Flip over and allow to finish.
*Naan is versatile and can be served with many dishes. Some examples are curries, butter chicken, hummus, tzatziki, any dips you would dip bread into really as well as doubling as a delicious pizza crust.
You'll also love
- Cheese Tortellini Soup w/... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cornmeal Cake (gluten free and... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pasta with Garlic, Almonds, and... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Naan BBQ Chicken Pizza 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken Curry Shredded with Naan 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
Review this recipe