Blueberry Crunch Granola
Swap in other nuts or fruits or sweeteners that you prefer.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened dried blueberries
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Adapted from runnersworld.com
Preheat oven to 300F. In a large bowl, combine oats, blueberries, almonds, coconut, cashews, sugar, and allspice. Mix well. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter with the maple syrup. Pour over the granola and toss to coat. Spread granola on a baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until it is golden brown. Sprinkle cinnamon over the granola and stir it in.
Makes 6 cups - 24 1/4 c servings.