Chocolate Toffee Popcorn
Make your own chocolate toffee popcorn with this easy recipe. You can substitute popcorn made in the microwave, if you'd like.
- 2 About 2 ounces milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 ounces firm toffees
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 9 cups popcorn kernels, uncooked
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Place the chocolate pieces in a small heatproof bowl. Microwave on medium power for 1 minute. Allow to stand for 2 minutes, then microwave again for 30 seconds at a time until melted, stirring frequently to avoid lumps. (Alternatively, melt the chocolate carefully in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of gently simmering water.)
Unwrap the toffees and put them in a plastic bag. Place on a cutting board and tap firmly with a rolling pin until the toffees have broken into small pieces. Tip the pieces into a small saucepan and add the milk. Cook on the lowest possible heat until the toffee has melted (this will take several minutes, depending on the firmness of the toffee). Remove from the heat.
Put the oil in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and heat for 1 minute. Add the popcorn kernels and cover with the lid. Cook until the popping sound stops, then tip the corn out onto a large baking sheet or roasting pan and leave for 5 minutes.
Using a teaspoon, drizzle lines of the toffee sauce over the corn until lightly coated. Drizzle with lines of chocolate in the same way.
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls 3.8/5 (426 Votes)
- Halloween Oreo Chocolate Chip... 4.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Saltine Toffee 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Christmas Style Pretzel M&M Hugs 4.3/5 (124 Votes)
- Baked Ham & Cheese Sandwiches 4.2/5 (136 Votes)
- Lemon-Glazed Sweet Potatoes 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Peach Whisky Barbecue Chicken... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Paleo Almond butter chicken wings 4.2/5 (11 Votes)