If you've never had a Shrimp Taco, here's a great recipe for you! Great textures and flavors, you won't be disappointed!
- 1 pound of frozen shrimp, defrosted, peeled, & deveined
- 6 ounce fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 a head of cabbage, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Heat tortillas over medium heat in a dry skillet until warm and starting to form small brown spots. Set aside on a plate covered with a clean kitchen towel.
Mix yogurt, cayenne, lime juice, cilantro, & salt in a small bowl, set aside.
Heat two teaspoons of olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet and add cabbage. Cook for about four minutes or until the cabbage is just barely wilted. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Cut shrimp into thirds, so you have little bite size pieces. Sauté in two teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne pepper over medium heat just until done. They cook up in just a few minutes… so be sure to watch them!
Build your taco! Place a scoop of cabbage on the warmed tortillas taco, then top with shrimp, and cilantro sauce… enjoy!
You'll also love
- Blackened Pork Chops 4.3/5 (78 Votes)
- SALMON APPETIZER 4.6/5 (57 Votes)
- Apple Brownies 4.6/5 (62 Votes)
- Lemon-Garlic Shrimp Scampi 4.6/5 (57 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta (Pioneer... 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Tacos al Pastor 4.5/5 (52 Votes)