Tropical Coconut Black Bean Soup
A delicious taste of the tropics. Perfect for a summer patio dinner!
- 1 can (1 3/4 cups) black beans, drained
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat (1 2/3 cups)
- 6 oz fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 TBS lime juice
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Serve with any of the following:
- Fresh corn kernels
- Cuban rice
- Sour cream to taste
- Plantain chips
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
1) In a small saucepan, combine the black beans, coconut milk, peas, garlic, and stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
2) Pour soup into a blender and puree until smooth. Return to the pan and stir in the lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper.
Makes 3 servings. 1 serving = 12 Weight Watchers points.
You'll also love
- Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Christmas Cranberry Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Acorn & Delicata Squash... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Little Dickie Granholm's Cucumber... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Basic Sofrito Black Beans 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Coconut CheeseCake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Coconut Blueberry Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)