Lemon Pepper Tuna
Delicious dinner of lemon pepper tuna steaks served over couscous with broccoli and carrots.
- 4 fresh or frozen tuna steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup packaged coarsely shredded fresh carrots
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
Adapted from bhg.com
Thaw fish if frozen. Rinse fish steaks; pat dry. In a small bowl combine lemon juice, soy sauce, snipped thyme, and seasoning. Brush mixture over one side of steaks.
Lightly coat the unheated rack of a broiler pan with cooking spray. Place fish, brushed sides up on broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork, turning once and brushing with lemon juice mixture halfway through cooking.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan bring broccoli, carrot, chicken broth, water, and garlic just to boiling. Cook, covered, about 3 minutes or until broccoli is barely crisp-tender. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Serve fish atop hot cooked couscous mixture. If desired, garnish with thyme sprigs.
You'll also love
- HEALTHY LOADED CAULIFLOWER... 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate-Cherry Snack Bars 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Aunt Ruth's famous Cherry Slush 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Spaghetti With Spicy Scallop... 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Honey Glazed Salmon 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Tots with... 4.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Chilean Sea Bass with a... 3.9/5 (84 Votes)
- Foolproof Lemon Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (35 Votes)