Caramel Sea Salt Banana Pudding
Go bananas! Great flavor combination and so easy to make.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, sliced, divided
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Sea salt for sprinkling
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 250mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk milk and egg yolks; gradually stir into saucepan.
Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture thickens and is bubbling, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla, and the slices from 1 banana. Spoon into individual serving dishes or 1 large bowl.
Cover with plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding and refrigerate 4 hours, or until firm. When ready to serve, top with remaining banana slices, drizzle with caramel sauce, and sprinkle with sea salt.
You'll also love
- Chocolate & Vanilla Red Velvet Cake 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Apple, Bacon, & Leek Stuffing 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Jones Sausage, Cranberry & Apple... 3.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Pie 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Carrot Cake 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Banana Stuffed French Toast 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Rice Pudding 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Easy Banana Pudding Parfaits 4.4/5 (14 Votes)