Caramel Sea Salt Banana Pudding
Go bananas! Great flavor combination and so easy to make.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, sliced, divided
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Sea salt for sprinkling
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 250mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk milk and egg yolks; gradually stir into saucepan.
Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture thickens and is bubbling, whisking constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla, and the slices from 1 banana. Spoon into individual serving dishes or 1 large bowl.
Cover with plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding and refrigerate 4 hours, or until firm. When ready to serve, top with remaining banana slices, drizzle with caramel sauce, and sprinkle with sea salt.
You'll also love
- Chocolate & Vanilla Red Velvet Cake 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Apple, Bacon, & Leek Stuffing 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Frittata with Mixed Herbs, Leeks... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Coconut Pecan German Chocolate Pie 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Vegan Spelt Rum Banana Bread 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Layered Pumpkin Dessert 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Deep-Fried Banana with Chocolate &... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Creme Brulee 4.5/5 (25 Votes)