Bacon Wrapped Beef Tenderloin
- 1 (5.5 lbs.) beef tenderloin, trimmed and tied
- 1 rounded tbs. kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tbs.white horseradish
- Several dashes of Tabasco
Season the tenderloin all over with the salt, pepper, and garlic. Cover the meat and refrigerate overnight. Let it come to room temperature for 2 hours before roasting.
Heat oven to 500 degrees. Wipe off as much garlic and seasonings as possible with a paper towel. The flavors have penetrated the meat overnight. Place the meat on a rack in a large roasting pan and wrap the bacon around it.
Place the roasting pan on the middle rack of the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 400 degrees and roast for 30 – 40 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer reaches 120 degrees (for rare). Let the meat rest for 10 minutes before carving.
In a small bowl, whisk the crème fraîche and horseradish plus a few dashes of Tabasco. Serve alongside the tenderloin.
You'll also love
- Pork Chops in slow cooker 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage Balls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Roasted Prime Rib 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Croc Pot Guiness Corned Beef and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic-and-Rosemary Beef Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Bacon Wrapped Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)