Stuffed French Bread Sandwich
Stuffed French Bread Sandwich is perfect for a quick and easy dinner. You can brown the meat ahead of time and just put together the sandwich and heat when you are ready to eat. Serve with a green salad or fries to complete the meal.
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350° F
Slice the french bread in half, lengthwise, so you have two equal pieces. Scoop out the bread in the center of each piece. Place bread in a large bowl and tear into small chunks. Set the two halves of french bread onto a large baking sheet. Set aside.
Brown the ground beef and onion in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Drain any grease. Add the celery and garlic to skillet. Cook a few minutes until celery is tender. Next, add soup, milk and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook mixture until heated; another 5 minutes or so.
Add the beef mixture to the bread in the large bowl. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into the center of one-half of the French bread. Spread out evenly. Top the mixture with the shredded cheese. Top with the other half of bread.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Lemon Icebox Pie 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Blueberry Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Candy Corn Bark 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Overnight Oatmeal 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Spinach Bacon Cheddar Munchy Cakes 4.5/5 (57 Votes)
- Spinach and Mushroom Stuffed... 4.5/5 (58 Votes)
- Easy Taco Casserole 4.4/5 (70 Votes)
- Don't Lift a Finger Breakfast 4.5/5 (60 Votes)