Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 3 cups Peeled Cubed Baking Potato, about 1 1/4 lbs
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 can (14.5 Oz) Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped Broccoli
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrot
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Loaves (8 Oz Each) Sourdough Mini Boule
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add potato, milk, and broth; bring to a boil. Partially cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes. Remove 1 cup potato mixture, and set aside. Using an immersion blender, process the remaining potato mixture until smooth. Or place remaining potato mixture in a traditional blender, process until smooth and return to pan.
2. Add broccoli, carrots, salt, and pepper to the potato puree in the pan. Partially cover, and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add reserved potato mixture, cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
3. Cut a circle in to top of each Sourdough Boule and hollow out the inside of each loaf. Spoon 1 cup of soup into each bread bowl and serve immediately.