Pumpkin and leek risotto
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin, cut into small cubes
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 slices prosciutto
- grated nutmeg
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Place stock into a sauce heat to boiling and keep hot.
2. In separate saucepan melt butter and fry pumpkin and leek for 5 mins. Add rice, stir over heat for 1 minute. Add 1 cup of stock to rice and cook stirring to low heat until absorbed.
3. Add additional stock and keep cooking as before, stirring frequently, until rice is tender and creamy. This will take approx 20 mins.
4. Stir in Parmesan, cover and stand for 2 minutes. Cook prosciutto until crisp and sprinkle over risotto with grated nutmeg.