Shrimp 'n' Spinach Risotto
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min.
MAKES: 4 servings
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
•In a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm.
In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender, about 3 minutes.
Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
Carefully stir in 1 cup heated broth. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
• Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender, about 20 minutes.
• Add the spinach, shrimp, cheese and pepper; cook and stir until spinach is wilted and shrimp are heated through.
You'll also love
- French Onion Soup 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Turkey Vegetable Soup with... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple-Sausage Sauté 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Lobster Burrito 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Teriyaki Halibut 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Mom's Clam Chowder 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Creamy Spinach Stuffed Salmon 4.4/5 (15 Votes)