Meatballs in Chipotle Sauce
Spicy meatballs with the added flavor of the chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce are perfect alone, over pasta or rice.
- 1/4 cup masa harina
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 14-ounce can beef broth
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce, seeded and finely chopped, from a can of chipotle chile peppers
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 60mins
In a large bowl, combine masa harina and the hot water. Add ground pork, ground beef, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, cumin, black pepper, and allspice. Mix thoroughly to combine. With wet hands, form the mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook until evenly browned and cooked through, stirring frequently. Remove meatballs from skillet.
For sauce, in the skillet, combine broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and chile pepper. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and reaches desired consistency. Add meatballs to sauce; heat through. Transfer meatballs with sauce to a shallow serving dish.
You'll also love
- The Best Low Fat Healthy Waffles 3.8/5 (78 Votes)
- Cherry Cookies 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- The Best Green Beans Ever 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Spicy Honey Glazed Chicken 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped,... 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Spicy Ranch Ritz Crackers 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Hot Buffalo Chicken Meatball... 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Spicy Peanut Butter Bacon Sliders 4.5/5 (4 Votes)