Easy Vegan Avocado Lemon Basil Pesto
This pesto comes together in minutes, so put your pasta in the boiling water while you make the pest in your blender. It will be ready to toss with your piping hot, perfectly cooked pasta. You’ll be out of the kitchen before it has time to get too hot!
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon basil
- 2 – 4 inch sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup water plus more if needed
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from healthyslowcooking.com
Put the avocado flesh, lemon basil, leaves only from the thyme, oregano, lemon juice, salt and water in a blender and blend well until the herbs are pureed.
If the puree is still too thick add 2 more tablespoons of water an blend again. Toss with 1/2 pound cooked whole wheat angel hair pasta.
You'll also love
- No Bake Raw Vegan Oatmeal Raisin... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Easy Corn-On-The-Cob 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Raspberry Pie 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Lemon Tiramisu Trifle 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Fruity Orange Fluff 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Pan Grilled Scallops 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Chicken Drumsticks... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe