Holly's Summer Sangria
Refreshing and delicious! This is a large batch of homemade sangria. You should use a gallon pitcher or split between two 2-quart pitchers. Or you can just reduce the liquid measurements by half if making a smaller batch.
- 1/2 pint blackberries, or other seasonal berries
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 1/2 pineapple cored and cut into bite size chunks
- 2 ripe peaches, cut into chunks, leave skin on
- 2 ripe plums, leave skin on
- (you can change up fruit anyway you like. Adjust to what you have or what is seasonal)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 1 l(1 1/2-liter) large bottle Pinot Grigio (I like Sutter Home) You can use any dry white wine you like.
- 1 (1 1/2-liter) large bottle Malbac (I like Barefoot) Any dry red would be fine.
- 1 liter sparkling flavored water (I like strawberry/watermelon) You can use any flavor you choose
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 260mins
At least 4 hours before serving mix all ingredients, EXCEPT for sparkling water, together in pitcher or pitchers. If you have ice cube trays, make ice cubes with the sangria at this point.
Leave in fridge to chill until ready to serve. You should also chill sparkling water at this time. Add sparkling water just before serving. Keep sangria nice and cold. Add sangria ice cubes as needed.
Enjoy! This will keep a few days in fridge.....but you might not have any left overs! This also makes a great beach drink.