Jalapeño Cream Cheese Cocktail Meatballs
Jalapeño Cream Cheese Cocktail Meatballs are a good starter for your next holiday or game day party. These munch-able morsels are filled with a little spice and everything nice, that will have your guests coming back for seconds, and even thirds.
- 1-pound 80 to 85% lean ground beef
- 1 (8-ounce) tub of Philadelphia Jalapeño Cream Cheese Spread, brought to room temperature, or 1 (8-ounce) package of creams cheese plus 1 (4-ounce) can diced jalapeños, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground chile powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- RANCH DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream, plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, plus more to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed, plus more to taste
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper to taste
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 55mins
Add all the meatball ingredients to a large bowl and use a fork to combine well. Refrigerate 20 minutes or up to 3 days.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the mayo and sour cream, then slowly whisk in the buttermilk. Whisk in garlic, vinegar, parsley, chives, and dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper. From here you can tweak it to your own individual taste by adding more mayo, buttermilk, vinegar, or herbs. Refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large roasting pan with parchment paper.
Scoop slightly rounded tablespoonfuls of the meat mixture up and roll into balls. Place 1 to 2 inches apart in pan. Bake 14 to 15 minutes.
Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature with ranch on the side.
You'll also love
- Moist Zucchini Bread 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Ginger Ale Glazed Carrots 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- 5-Spice Braised Brisket 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Spinach Dip Chicken Bombs 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Sausage Tortellini - Instant Pot 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Barbecue Deviled Eggs 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Basic Old-Fashioned Giblet Gravy 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Tigger Tails from Pooh Corner -... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)