Chocolate Covered Strawberry Christmas Trees
Super fun recipe to make with your kids! These little cute Christmas tree treats are made with Oreo cookies, strawberries, frosting and candy sprinkles. Best eaten the same day prepared. Because of the moisture in the strawberry, things can get a little soggy.
- 12-ounces dark green candy melts (found at Hobby Lobby or Michael's), about 1 1/2 cups
- 1-pound strawberries, stems removed
- 24 Oreo cookies
- white icing to decorate
- sprinkles for garnish
- candy stars for the tree-toppers
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from lovelylittlekitchen.com
Combine the powdered sugar and heavy cream together in a bowl. Add water by the teaspoon and whisk until the desired consistency is reached. You want it to be thick like toothpaste.
Set a heat proof bowl over a small pot of simmering water on the stovetop to make a double boiler. Slowly melt the candy melts in the bowl, stirring occasionally. Do not allow moisture to come in contact with the candy.
Spoon or pipe a small amount of icing onto the top of each Oreo. This will adhere the strawberry to the cookie base.
Once you have melted the chocolate, turn the heat to low and while using a toothpick inserted into the cut end of each strawberry, dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate. Shake off excess candy coating gently.
Using a second toothpick inserted into the pointed end of the dipped strawberry, carefully place the strawberry on top of the icing on the Oreo.
Decorate with sprinkles and a candy star while the candy coating is still wet. It will usually dry in about 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Smoky BBQ Wings 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Christmas Angel Cake 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Italian Ricotta Cookies 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- Spiced Cashew Brittle & Chocolate... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Reindeer Poop 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
Review this recipe