Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup
Hearty and satisfying, this crock post sweet and sour cabbage soup tastes like meatless stuffed cabbage you eat with a spoon.
Rate this recipe 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- 1 small head green cabbage (1 to 1-1/4 pounds, 7 cups chopped)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Plain nonfat yogurt or sour cream for garnish, if desired
Adapted from simple-nourished-living.com
I used my 4-Quart slow cooker.
In your slow cooker, combine the cabbage, onion, broth, tomatoes with their juices, tomato paste, salt, pepper, vinegar and brown sugar.
Stir to mix everything together.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the cabbage is very tender.
Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
Serve in bowls and dollop with a spoonful of yogurt or sour cream.
You'll also love
- Apricot Smash 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Carrot Cake No Bake Cookie Balls 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Thai Glazed Corn 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Beef Cabbage Soup 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
Review this recipe