Pork and Mushroom Stew
Great tasting stew served on mashed potatoes.
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed, cut into 2 inch pieces, dried with paper towels, and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 c sliced leeks or shallots
- 1/2 c diced carrot
- 2 T flour
- 1/2 c dry sherry or white wine
- 3/4 c apple cider or juice
- 3/4 c chicken broth
- 1 T minced fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil and butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and saute until brown on both sides about 2 minutes per side. Remove pork to a plate, set aside. Sweat mushrooms, leeks, and carrot in same pan over medium heat until softened about 3-4 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Deglaze the pan with sherry, scraping up any bits on the bottom of the pan, and reduce until evaporated. Stir in cider and broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add pork with residual juices and 1 T thyme. Simmer stew until thickened, 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Serve stew over mashed potatoes.
You'll also love
- Lobster Salad with Curried... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Charred Sirloin with Soy, Garlic &... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Winter Greens & Gruyere Tart with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- White Bean & Prosciutto Bruschetta 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Black-Eyed Pea Casserole 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Rib-Eye alla Fiorentina, with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork: Grilled Pork Chops and... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Five Star Grilled Pork Tenderloin 4.8/5 (5 Votes)