French Onion Soup, Pressure Cooker
The beauty of cooking this is a pressure cooker is, it infuses the flavor so it tastes like it's been simmering all day.
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 tbs EVOO
- 3 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp light btown sugar
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup dry red wine, may substitute beef stock
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups crunchy croutons
- 6 slices provolone cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
1. With the cooker's lid off, heat butter and oil on high or brown setting until sizzling.
2. Place onions and sugar in the cooker, and cook until the onions carmelize, 10-12 minutes
3. Add the beef stock, wine, thyme, bay leaf, garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
4. Securely lock the pressure cooker lid and set for 8 minutes on high.
5. Perform a quick release to release pressure
6. Set your oven's broiler to high and place 6 oven safe soup crocks on a large sheet pan. Ladle the onion soup with plenty of onions into each crock. filling until 1/2 inch from the top
7. Completely cover the surface of each crock with croutons and then place a slice of cheese over top. Carefully place sheet pad of soup crocks under broiler and cook until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown, 3-5 min.
You'll also love
- Fettuccine Alfredo ( Light and... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Beef Brisket Roast 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Red Russian Kale and Chorizo Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Lime Sherbet Punch 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Slimming World Butternut Squash... 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Butternut Squash-and-Red Onion... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow Cooker French Onion Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)