Italian Braised Chicken with Fennel and Cannellini
Start the recipe in the morning and it's ready by dinner time. This recipe for Italian Braised chicken with Fennel and Cannellini, or white kidney beans, is delicious.
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks and/or thighs, skinned
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14-1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese, about 1 ounce
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh Italian parsley
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 685mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the black pepper. Place chicken in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Top with drained beans, fennel, sweet pepper, onion, garlic, rosemary, oregano, and crushed red pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine undrained tomatoes, wine, tomato paste, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; pour over mixture in cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Sprinkle each serving with cheese and parsley.
You'll also love
- Meat Balls "n" Spaghetti 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Sriracha Sweet and Spicy Chicken... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken Club Wraps 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Almond Butter Chicken Satay 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken & Poblano Tacos with Crema 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Winter Chicken and Dumplings 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Marsala Pizza 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Pinto Beans and Ground Beef Stew 4.2/5 (52 Votes)