PORK IN GARLIC SAUCE *****
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 5 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 pound lean, boneless pork chops, cut into thin strips $
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice Garnishes: chopped green onions, orange slices
Stir together 2 teaspoons cornstarch and 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce in a medium bowl until smooth. Add pork, tossing to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
Prepare rice according to package directions. Keep warm.
Stir together remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, remaining 4 tablespoons soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, and 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce.
Heat oils in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat 2 minutes.
Add pork mixture, and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until pork is browned.
Add mushrooms and next 5 ingredients; stir-fry 2 minutes.
Stir in hoisin sauce mixture, and stir-fry 1 minute or until thickened.
Stir in orange juice. Serve over warm rice. Garnish, if desired.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (905 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (708 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (680 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (499 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (440 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.6/5 (324 Votes)