Slow Smoked a Pork Loin
- The Rub
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
Fill the electric smoker's water tray and wood chip tray to their fill lines and adjust the heat to medium. Close the cover on the smoker and allow it to reach 225 F. Adjust the heat as needed to maintain the 225 F temperature.
Pat the pork loin dry with paper towels and season it to taste. Mix together dried spices such as paprika and cumin and apply it to the pork. Use 2 tsp. of kosher salt per cup of dried spices. You can also season it with a spice paste, which helps keep the pork moist during smoking. Mix 1 cup of olive oil and 2 tsp. of kosher salt with 1 cup of the fresh herbs and dried spices of your choice and apply it to the pork loin. Place the pork loin in the center of the smoking rack and cover.
Smoke the pork loin for 6 hours. Turn the pork over and rotate it 180 degrees after 3 hours. Check the wood chips and water level every 2 hours and refill as needed. The pork loin will be ready when the internal temperature of the meat reaches at least 145 F. Let the meat rest after cooking for 3 minutes.
Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_10008711_slow-smoke-pork-loin-electric-smoker.html
You'll also love
- Cranberry Streusel Coffee Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Spiced Olive Oil Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Clams, Shrimp & Chorizo Cataplana 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Egg Salad - Golden Lamb's 0/5 (0 Votes)
- "WET" Shredded Pork burrito 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coffee-Crusted Pork Loin with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Loin red pepper jelly 0/5 (0 Votes)