Apple Fritter Cinnamon Roll Bake
This easy and delicious recipe for breakfast fritters combines apples and cinnamon rolls for a treat that'll have you coming back for more and more!
- 1 1/2 cups apples, peeled, cored, and diced small (about 2 medium apples)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls (5 rolls)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or milk, optional
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from crazyforcrust.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate or pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Place small diced apples, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Stir. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and cook on high power for 2 to 3 minutes, or until apples are just slightly translucent. Drain well.
While the apples are cooking, cut each cinnamon roll into 6 pieces. They’ll fall apart a little, that’s okay. Sprinkle the pieces evenly in the prepared pan. Once the apples are done, drain them well and sprinkle them over the cinnamon roll pieces.
Stir the melted butter and brown sugar together, then pour over the top of the apples and cinnamon rolls. Bake for 28 to 33 minutes or until cooked through in the center.
Just before serving, place the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls in a small bowl. Heat for about 10 seconds so it’s pourable. Stir in heavy whipping cream (or milk) to make it more of a glaze, then pour over the top of the casserole. Serve warm or room temperature.
Store tightly covered for up to 2 days.
You'll also love
- Foil Baked Cabbage 3.9/5 (37 Votes)
- Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate... 4/5 (40 Votes)
- FITMENCOOK LEAN PRO8, BLUEBERRY... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Sous Vide Shrimp 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Banana Split Stuffed Strawberries 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Babette Friedman's Apple Cake 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Iron Skillet Cornbread 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Macadamia Nut Crusted Chicken with... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)