Grape-Apple Cider is a fun twist on the classic cider. Enjoy this at any gathering during the holidays!
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 1 pound Muscadine or red grapes
- 3 (2-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seeds or 1-star anise pod (optional)
- 1 cup rum
- Garnishes: apple slices, cinnamon sticks, star anise pods
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Place first 7 ingredients and, if desired, anise seeds or star anise pod in a covered 4-quart saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low; uncover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Mash grapes using a potato masher. Cover and let stand 15 minutes.
Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a heatproof pitcher; discard solids. Serve hot or cold.
You'll also love
- Beef Tenderloin (BBQ) 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Apple Pudding Cake 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Tilapia with Lemon-Garlic Sauce 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Panera Fuji Apple Chicken Salad 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Eggs Benedict Casserole 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Good Old American Hamburgers 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Watermelon Mojito Jell-O Shots 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Pineapple Banana Smoothie 4.6/5 (23 Votes)