Spaghetti Squash with Vegetarian Bolognese
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin Oil
- 4 Peeled Garlic, minced
- 1 container (7 oz) Diced Mirepoix
- 1 can (6 oz) Tomato Paste
- 4 Food You Feel Good About Bay Leaves, or 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 pkg (13.2 oz) Meatless Beef Style Crumbles
- 1 pkg (13.2 oz) Meatless Sausage Style Crumbles
- 2 cans (28 oz each) Coarse Ground Tomatoes
- 1 can (28 oz) Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Spaghetti squash (2-3 lbs), halved stem to blossom end, seeded
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped Italian Parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped Basil
- Parmigiano-Reggiano Grated Cheese for garnish
Cooking time 80mins
•Heat extra virgin olive oil on MED-LOW in stockpot; add garlic and mirepoix. Cook 20 min until soft, but not browned. Stir in tomato paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 min. Add bay leaves. Cook 2 min. Add wine; simmer on MED-HIGH, 5 min.
•Add beef and sausage crumbles, tomatoes, water and oregano; bring to simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, 30 min. Discard bay leaves.
•As sauce simmers, place squash, skin side up (one half at a time), on microwave-safe dish. Cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap; microwave on HIGH, 10-12 min, until tender. Let rest covered, 10-15 min, until cool enough to handle. Carefully remove wrap to avoid steam. Run fork lengthwise over cut surface of squash to loosen spaghetti-like strands. Scoop strands into serving dish; season with salt and pepper.
•Stir olive oil into sauce; salt and pepper to taste. Top squash with sauce; garnish with chopped parsley and basil. Serve with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.