Balsamic Eggplant With Oyster Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 small eggplants halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar plus
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound oyster mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat.
Add half of the olive oil to the skillet. Add the eggplant slices, working in batches. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook the slices for about 4 minutes, or until the eggplant has softened and started to turn brown. Add 1/4 cup of the Balsamic vinegar and boil for about 10 seconds, or until the vinegar has evaporated and the eggplants are glazed.
Transfer the eggplants to a serving platter, cut-side up. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside somewhere in a warm spot.
Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet over medium heat and use it to saute the mushrooms for about 3 minutes, or until they've begun to turn brown and soften. Sprinkle with the remaining Balsamic vinegar and cook for about 10 seconds, or until the liquid is reduced slightly and starting to glaze.
Season the mushrooms with freshly-ground black pepper to taste. Spoon the mixture over the eggplants and sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Morel Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oyster Mushroom Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blackened Grouper, Grilled... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine With Morels, Asparagus,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
Review this recipe