Peppermint, Walnut and Olive Pesto
- Adapted from a recipe by an award winning Greek Chef Christoforos Peskias publiced in Βιβλιοθήκη Γεύσης της Καθημερινής - Σπιτικές Κονσέρβες
- Yield: about 2 cups
- 2 - 3 cups (tightly packed) leaves of fresh peppermint, washed and thoroughly dried
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, peeled, green part removed
- 200 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100 gr walnuts, chopped
- 200 gr Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
Adapted from boxofstolensocks.com
Blend the mint leaves with the garlic and olive oil until they form a smooth green paste. Add the chopped walnuts and blend again for 4 - 5 seconds, you want the walnuts to get even more chopped but not really mashed up so that their presence could add a bit of bite to the whole mixture.
Empty the contents of the blender into a large enough bowl and add the chopped Kalamata olives. Mix them all together and you are ready to serve!