CAribbean Chicken and pineapple salsa
Thirty minutes to dinner.
- 1 1/4 cups Fiber One original bran cereal
- 2 tsp. jerk seasoning (dry)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp red pepper sauce
- Pineapple Salsa
- 1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped apricots or papaya, if desired
- 1 T. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Makes 4 servings
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Heat oven to 400.
Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag, seal bag and finely crushed with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
Place cereal in shallow dish.
Stir in jerk seasoning.
In large food-storage plastic bag, place chicken, buttermilk,mustard and pepper sauce.
Seal bag, shake well.
Remove chicken from bag, coat with cereal mixture.
Place on cookie sheet.
Bake 14 to 16 min. or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170).
Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix salsa ingredients.
Cover, refrigerate until serving.
Serve chicken with salsa.