Yum! These delicious Gingerbread Muffins may be dipped in or drizzled with a sweet glaze. Serve with a glass of milk or hot cup of coffee.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from kitchentrialanderror.blogspot.com
Preheat your oven to 375°F. line 18 standard muffin cups with cupcake papers.
Cream the butter and sugar. add the salt and spices and mix well.
Add the egg, molasses, and water and mix until blended. the dough will be very runny.
Add the all purpose flour and mix until blended. Add the whole wheat flour and baking powder and mix until blended.
Fill each muffin cup about three quarters full. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool in the pan for a couple minutes, remove from the pan, and finish cooling on a wire rack.
If you want to glaze your muffins, wait until completely cool. mix powdered sugar and water until it's the right consistency - not too thick, not too thin. Dip the tops of the muffins in the glaze or drizzle the glaze over the muffins.
You'll also love
- Spinach-Parmesan Dip 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Lemon Drop Jello Shots 4/5 (57 Votes)
- Holiday Brunch Torte 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Crack Green Beans 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Easy Maple Syrup Fried Eggs over... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Best Bread Machine Buns 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Panettone Italian Christmas Bread 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Pepparkakor (Swedish Gingerbread) 4.5/5 (14 Votes)