Easy Clam Linguine
- 8 scallions sliced
- 2 garlic doves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans chopped clams - (6 1/2 oz ea) drained (reserve the liquid)
- 1 can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes - (14 1/2 oz)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil (or 2 tspns dried basil)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups hot cooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat. Add the scallions, garlic and pepper flakes; cook, stirring as needed, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the clams, the reserved liquid, the tomatoes, wine, basil and oregano; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the liquid is reduced by one-third, 10 to 12 minutes.
Place the linguine in a large serving bowl; add the clam sauce and toss to coat. Serve, sprinkled with the cheese.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per Serving: 341 Calories, 4 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 33 mg Cholesterol, 303 mg Sodium, 53 g Total Carbohydrate, 6 g Dietary Fiber, 22 g Protein, 208 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 2 Breads, 1 Fruit/Vegetable, 1 Protein/Milk.
Points Per Serving: 6.