Sausage & Potato Chowder
- 1 pound of sausage links, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 new potatoes or red skin potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 oz) can creamed corn
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (plus a little more for garnish)
- Chives to garnish
- Salt and Pepper
Adapted from mixandmatchmama.com
In your slow cooker, place the sausage, onion and potatoes. Pour your stock on top. Add a liberal sprinkle of S&P. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours.
About 30 minutes before you're ready to serve, remove the lid and stir in your creamed corn, milk and cheese. Cover and continue to cook another 30 minutes on high.
When you're ready to serve, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with a little more cheese and some snipped chives.
You'll also love
- Cajun Shrimp Sandwiches 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Curry Skillet Veggie Noodles 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Garlic Herb Avocado Cashew Cream... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Muffins 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Quick Turkey Chili 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Mongolian Beef in Pressure Cooker 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Pommes Aligot (French Cheese... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Chorizo Potato Croquettes 4.7/5 (9 Votes)