Black Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon with Goat Cheese and Roasted Red Pepper & Ancho Salsa
Medium rare steak, hot off the grill, topped with a slice of goat cheese that will melt slightly and, then, topped with a sweet and spicy salsa. Your tastebuds will thank you!
- 2 ancho chiles
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 2 grilled red bell peppers, cut into 1/4 in. thick strips
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (8-ounce) filet mignon steaks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) log fresh goat cheese, cut into 4 slices
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Place the ancho chiles in a medium bowl, cover with boiling water and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
Remove the chiles from the soaking liquid, stem and coarsely chop, and combine in a blender with the garlic, pine nuts, honey and 1/4 cup of the soaking liquid. Blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the bell pepper strips, vinegar, cilantro, salt and pepper. Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours before serving.
STEAK: Heat your grill to high.
Brush the filets with the oil and season both sides of each filet with the salt and 1 side of each filet with the black pepper. Place the steaks on the grill, pepper side down and grill until lightly charred and crusty, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the steaks over, and grill for 2 to 3 minutes longer for medium-rare.
Serve steak with a slice of goat cheese and top with a few tablespoons of salsa.
You'll also love
- Carolina BBQ Sauce 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Campfire Beans 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Seafood: Curry-Dusted Scallops... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Butter Brickle Ice Cream Pie 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Pie Party Dip 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Corn Dogs 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Beef Stew 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Golden Chicken Thighs with Charred... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)