- Bundt Cake 3 1/2 cups unbleached allpurpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 3 teaspoons baking soda 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup safflower oil I-pound can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup water
Grease a 12-cup bundt pan.
On a sheet of wax paper or in a medium howl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
In a large bowl beat the eggs until foamy; add the sugar, oil and pumpkin; beat until blended. Add the flour mixture 1/2 at a time, alternately with the water, beating after each addition until smooth.
. Turn into the prepared pan. Bake m a preheated 350-degree oven until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean - about 1 hour. Place pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes; with a small metal or plastic spatula loosen edges. Turn out onto the rack to cool completely.
Store, tightly wrapped, in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature. If you like, sprinkle cake with confectioners’ sugar.