Radicchio, Fennel, and Olive Panzanella
Make sure to have fresh bread on hand to soak up any extra dressing in the bowl.
- 6 oz. country-style bread, torn into bite-size pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 small head radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves with tender stems
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted, halved
- 3 oz. aged sheep’s-milk cheese (such as Manchego), shaved
- 3 oz. hard salami, thinly sliced
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Preheat oven to 400°. Toss bread with lemon zest and ¼ cup oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Bake, tossing occasionally, until crisp on the outside but still chewy in the center, 8–10 minutes. Let cool.
Whisk shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, and oregano in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in remaining ¼ cup oil.
Add radicchio, fennel, parsley, olives, cheese, salami, and bread to dressing; toss to combine.
DO AHEAD: Salad can be dressed the night before. Cover and chill.
Calories (kcal) 290 Fat (g) 21 Saturated Fat (g) 5 Cholesterol (mg) 15 Carbohydrates (g) 17 Dietary Fiber (g) 2 Total Sugars (g) 1 Protein (g) 9 Sodium (mg) 520