Grilled Chicken Over Lemon & Garlic Pasta
Heavily Adapted From food.com
- For the Grilled Chicken:
- For the Pasta: 4 ounces whole wheat thin spaghetti
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- freshly grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken breasts, fat removed seasoning of choice (lemon pepper, Santa Maria seasoning, Johnny's Garlic Spread, etc.)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
While pasta is cooking, preheat grill (indoor or outdoor). Wash chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of chicken breasts with your choice of seasoning (just about any herb goes well with lemon, so you're pretty safe here). Lightly oil the grill. Grill chicken for approximately 6-8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear (or until meat reached 165 degrees). Remove from heat, cool slightly, and slice.
Meanwhile (while pasta and chicken are cooking), heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté parsley, lemon zest and garlic in oil until garlic is tender (be careful not to burn the garlic).
Add the drained pasta to the skillet. Add the sugar snap peas and sprinkle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Divide pasta among four plates. Top each plate with 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and sliced chicken breast.
You'll also love
- Ashley Christensen’s Fried... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Apricot Ginger Glazed Chicken 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Wine Country Chicken Salad with... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Artichokes with Lemon Garlic... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Baked Catfish with Lemon 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic (Microwave method) 3.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Crispy Baked Macaroni & Cheese 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Italian Chicken Pasta Toss... 3.9/5 (10 Votes)