Ravioli With Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds spinach ravioli or tortelloni
- 1 cup purchased marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons thinly-sliced fresh basil leaves
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add about 1/4 cup olive oil to the water to help prevent pasta from sticking. Add the ravioli and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Drain the ravioli, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Toss the ravioli with the remaining oil to coat.
Meanwhile, bring the marinara sauce to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking often. Whisk in the ricotta and enough reserved cooking water to thin the sauce to desired consistency. For a thicker sauce, use less pasta water; for a thinner sauce, add more water. Return the sauce to a simmer. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
Spoon 3 tablespoons of sauce over the bottom of each of 6 bowls. Arrange the ravioli over the sauce. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the ravioli. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and the basil, and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)