Stuffing with Sausage, Apples & Sage
- 12 oz Pepperidge Farm Bread Stuffing Mix (cubed)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup Apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1 tsp. dried sage
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Place bread cubes in large mixing bowl.
In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to the bread.
Discard all but 2 tbsp. of the drippings from the skillet. Melt the butter in the reserved drippings in the skillet. Add the celery, apples and onions and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes.
Scrape into the bowl with the bread and add the chicken broth, egg, parsley, sage, 1 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Mix well and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Cover with greased foil and bake until hot, about 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until browned and crisp, about 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Kevin's Famous Macaroni and Cheese 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Corn & Jalapeño Dip 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Toffee-Banana Rum Bread 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Bacon Broccoli Salad with Raisins... 4.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Gooey Apple Pull-Apart Bread 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Cheesy Tater Tot Sausage and Bacon... 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Chili's Southwest Chicken &... 4.3/5 (60 Votes)