Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Burritos
A healthy and flavorful “Mexican” treat! These roasted veggie black bean burritos highlight smoky and sweet roasted vegetables tucked into a whole wheat tortilla along with black beans and cilantro.
- 2 whole sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed small
- 2 whole jalapeños, diced
- 1 whole red pepper, diced small
- 1 whole red onion, diced small
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 (6 to 10 count) package burrito-sized wheat tortillas or wraps
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
In a bowl, toss your raw veggies in olive oil and season with spices. Place in a large baking dish and roast in 425 F degree oven for 20 minutes, tossing around halfway through.
Let cool. Add your roasted veggies to a can of rinsed black beans. Add cilantro and squirt of lime juice. Combine gently. At this point, mixture can be stored for later use.
Warm your wheat tortillas or wraps in microwave according to directions on package. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray or olive oil spray.
Add two heaping tablespoons of vegetable and bean mixture to center of wrap. Top with shredded cheese. Fold over, fold in sides, place in pan and continue to roll the others. Place into your baking dish, seam side down so that they stay together.
Bake in 375 F degree oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Baking this way will make the tortilla wrap crisp. For a softer burrito, spray burrito with nonstick spray, then wrap in aluminum foil and bake for same amount of time.
Makes about 6 burritos.
Tip: Premake your burritos and wrap them in aluminum foil. Keep in refrigerator for 3-4 days for a quick lunch or dinner!
You'll also love
- Surprise on the Inside Gender... 4.3/5 (46 Votes)
- Parmesan Breadcrumb-Topped Baked... 4.3/5 (45 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Roasted Potatoes 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Bars 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Crispy Roasted Chickpeas 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Black Bean, Rice & Veggie Salad 4.7/5 (13 Votes)