Parmesan Breadcrumb-Topped Baked Halibut
Rate this recipe 4.3/5 (46 Votes)
- 4 large halibut steaks, 1 inch thick
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 large cloves garlic, really finely minced (or if you prefer 1/2 teaspoon or more of garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, more to brush on fish
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme, rubbed
- lemon wedges
Step 1 Place fish steaks in an greased shallow baking pan. Brush the fish all over with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step 2 Combine bread crumbs, garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, Parmesan cheese and thyme to a thick paste and pat onto surface of steaks.
Step 3 Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 14 minutes per inch of thickness of fish or until fish is not longer translucent when tested with a fork. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Roasted Potatoes 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Simple Sesame... 4.1/5 (74 Votes)
- David Venable's Lobster Bites with... 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- Pan Fried/Broiled Parmesan Tilapia 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- G. Garvin’s Baked Georgia Catfish 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Teriyaki Halibut 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
Review this recipe