Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 6 egg yolks beaten lightly
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (1 pint)
- 1 stick unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- strain egg yolks thru sieve into non-reactive sauce pan over low heat. Stil in sugar and lemon juice...cook stiring constantly for 10-12 minutes, until thickens and coats back of wooden spoon...Do no boil.
- remove from heat and wisk until slightly cooled and then stir in butter, pieces at a time until fully blended.
- Add zest while still warm. Pour into hot sterilized jam jars. Cover tightly and refridgerate until using.