Maple Apple Bacon Mini Donuts
- 2 cans Grands! Jr. Biscuits (10 biscuits total)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large apple
- 6 strips bacon, fried and crumbled
- (enough Vegetable oil to go about two inches deep in a deep pot)
Peel apple and dice into tiny cubes.
2. Heat oil to 375ºF. You will need a candy or oil thermometer for this.
3. Remove the Grands! Jr. Biscuits from the can and cut out a hole using a small cookie cutter.
4. Test to see if the oil is ready by using one of the donut holes.
5. Add the biscuits, but not more than three at a time.
6. Flip when they are golden brown.
7. When golden brown on both sides, remove from oil and place on paper towel to soak up any extra oil.
8. While donuts are cooling, make the glaze. Start with powdered sugar.
9. Then add maple syrup.
10. Add one cup diced apples.
11. Add milk.
12. Whisk together until all the ingredients are incorporated. The apples will still be in chunks.
13. You can either dip your donut into the glaze or pour it over. I prefer the pour-over method. If you do the latter method, you'll want to have a wire rack and a baking pan underneath to catch the extra glaze.
14. Add the bacon pieces to the glaze before it starts to harden.
15. Let donuts sit while the glaze sets up.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Pistachio Cherry Biscotti 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Mini Meat Loaves 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Canned Tomato Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey Scaloppine - Rice Side Dish... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Diabetized Classic Bacon Quiche 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Robin Teriyaki and Pineapple... 0/5 (0 Votes)