Pork Pear Roast
- 3 parsnips
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 red onion
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp blended olive oil
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 4 pork prime loin steaks
- 3 conference pears
- 2 cloves garlic
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Put the vegetables, pears, garlic, thyme and pork steaks in a large shallow roasting tin. Drizzle with the maple syrup and oil, season, then turn with a large spoon or your hands, remembering to wash them thoroughly after handling the raw meat.
2. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning the mixture once. Increase the heat to 220ºC, gas mark 7 and roast for 5-10 minutes more until the pork is cooked through with the fat starting to crisp, and the vegetables are beginning to caramelise.
3. Serve the pork garnished with fresh thyme and lightly steamed green vegetables.
You'll also love
- Carrot Pineapple Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Corn Pudding 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Cranberry-Orange English Scones 4/5 (2 Votes)
- SAUSAGE DIP WITH VELVEETA CHEESE 4/5 (2 Votes)
- BIG DADDY'S SPICY BEEF PATTY 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Potato Skins with Cheese and Bacon 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pear compote 4/5 (2 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE-PEAR SPICE CAKE 4/5 (2 Votes)