Melting Pots Bourbon Bacon Cheddar Fondue
- 2 3/4 cups (11 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beer (light beer recommended)
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 tablespoons chopped cooked bacon
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons chopped scallions
1. Toss the cheese with the flour in a bowl.
2. Place a metal bowl over a saucepan filled with two inches of water (or use a conventional double boiler). Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
3. Reduce the heat to medium. Pour the beer into the bowl. With a fork, stir in the horseradish, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
4. Add half the cheese mixture; cook until the cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Add the remaining cheese a small amount at a time, stirring constantly in a circular motion after each addition until the cheese is melted.
5. Pour the bourbon slowly around the edge of the bowl. Pull the cheese mixture away from the edge of the bowl; cook for about 30 seconds or until the alcohol cooks off. Stir the bourbon into the cheese. Fold in the bacon and pepper.
6. Pour into a warm fondue pot and keep warm over low heat. Garnish with scallions.
That's it! Then you can enjoy the dish with whatever you choose for dipping. You could use bread, vegetables or even fruit to tickle your friends and family's taste buds.